We are super excited to visit Raintree next Sunday! Nine people have committed to going on this picnic, which is the biggest group size we were willing to organize for this adventure. We will be providing sandwiches (if you’d like a vegetarian sandwich, let Andreas know ahead of Sunday), and a 4-pack of canned wine. We will also bring blankets, utensils, and all the accouterments for picnicking.
Here are the pertinent details:
- 9:15 am: Meet at Santa Fe Station, Top Floor of North Parking Garage
- 9:30 am: Caravan to North Loop Trailhead
- Located at the saddle of Deer Creek Rd (NV-158)
- Detailed driving instructions at bottom of post
- Including lunch, the hike should take no more than 4 hours total.
We encourage you to bring a side – fresh fruit, potato salad, dessert, beverages, etc. Let Andreas know what you plan on bringing so we don’t have people bringing the same stuff, and so we can cover any gaps for a square meal!
We also want you to bring sturdy shoes, sunblock, sunglasses, and plenty of water to account for a 6 mile hike. Andreas will have a first aid kit, but you are welcome to bring additional supplies.
Finally, we ask that you bring a positive attitude and an awareness for the environment. The Spring Mountains are a wonderful and pristine escape from this crazy city life. Let’s keep it that way by packing out anything we bring in, and by avoiding glass bottles.
Looking forward to seeing you all!
Andreas and Diana
Detailed Driving Instructions:
- Take 95 N 6.5 miles from Santa Fe Station to Kyle Canyon Rd (NV-157)
- Turn left and continue for 17.5 miles
- Turn right onto Deer Creek Rd (NV-158)
- Continue 4.8 miles. Trailhead is on the left
- 36°18’32.5″N 115°36’42.3″W